Kale is one of the healthiest vegetables and still is very little “appreciated”. Kale has a lot of anti-careinogenic properties; it is valued especially in prostate and breast cancer prevention. In addition, it is easy to prepare; it tastes great with gluten–free pasta, rice or groats. It works great as an ingredient in vegetables smoothies or soups.
- 1 bunch of kale (around 500 g)
- 1 big onion
- 1 tbsp of red sweet paprika powder
- 1 tsp of red sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 – 2 tbsps of expanded amaranth
- 4 cloves of garlic
- around 700 ml tomato sauce
- around 80 ml tigernut drink (vegetable milk)
- rapeseed oil
Soak kale in water for approximately 30 minutes. Then clean it and cut with scissors into a few centimeters strips.
Chop onion finely and fry in a pan with oil until golden brown; then add spices and kale. Cook covered on low fire until tender. Add pressed garlic, tomato sauce and milk.
Serve kale with gluten–free pasta, rice or groats.